CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
1) STATEMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
At Scomadi Ltd we recognise our corporate responsibility to help protect the environment. We are committed to developing the business operations in accordance with legislation by identifying areas we can influence and making steps towards implementing change. Our policy below details our objectives to ensure we play our part in preserving the environment for the future generations:
A lower carbon footprint.
A LOWER CARBON FOOTPRINT
- Contribute to the prevention of global warming by testing and developing manufactured products that use less energy and incur less waste.
- Ensure lights, computers and other equipment is switched off when not in use.
- Turn the heating or air conditioning down a degree.
- Replace lighting with low energy bulbs.
PROMOTE A RECYCLING ORIENTATED SOCIETY
- Practice designs and technology that make products lighter, more durable and recyclable.
- Actively reduce, reuse and recycle in both production and daily business operating activities:
- Recycle paper, plastic cups and bottles, printer and toner cartridges.
- Buy sustainable materials from suppliers that use sustainable sources.
- Print and photocopy only when necessary and double-sided.
- Utilise electronic communications within the organisation and with clients to minimise the use of paper.
ENVIRONMENTAL COMPLIANCE AND MANAGEMENT
- Comply with environmental laws and regulations to protect our business sites and contribute to the local community.
- Maintain and continuously improve effective environmental management systems.
- Buy and use fair trade products produced in accordance to with The Fair Trade Standards.
2) PRECAUTIONS FOR SAFE RIDING
At Scomadi the safety of our owners and that of other road users is paramount. We ask that you obey all traffic regulations and consider safety prior to riding. It is advised to control your speed and to stay within safe limits. Below are our recommendations which are further explained in the Operation Manual you will receive when you purchase your Scomadi scooter:
- Practice before riding.
- Know your safety speed limits.
- Take extra safety precautions when riding in wet weather conditions.
- Ensure the correct wearing of well fitted safety helmets and protective clothing.
- Carry out safety checks before each journey and adhere to the Maintenance and Inspection Schedule specified in the service manual.
- Exercise caution when parking the vehicle as the exhaust may reach high temperatures able to cause burns if persons come into contact.
- Do not make any modifications as this may compromise safety and void the warranty.